Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 29 Post Transplant - 38 days in hospital

We are doing well. Jim is getting stronger every day. They put him on steroids for his graft vs. host disease and that seams to have also increased his energy. He actually ate 650 calories yesterday and was up walking twice. If all continues to go well I think we will be able to get him home this next week. He will be on home health and have physical therapy and need to go to the clinic three times a week but none the less, he will be home. Yea! Keep your fingers crossed.

The kids and I are busy in the evenings getting the house ready for Jim. Because he will be immunocompromised for quite some time, we are cleaning, painting, changing filters and even are getting new carpet. (Good excuse for new carpet, huh?} I just couldn't see cleaning that deep but bringing him home to 20 year old carpet. That had got to be harboring some yucky stuff. So, we will be spic and span around here. The doctors told us just to plan on some hospitalizations after for various infections, but we want to prevent as much as we can. Last transplant I went through Lysol like I go through milk. Time to stock up again.

Today I AM THANKFUL FOR my good health and energy to carry out all of this preparation.

3 comments:

  1. Come on Jim... you gotta get out of there. You can't beat my 40 day hospital stay record. Plus we want to home too!!! Keep up the good work Suz, sorry I am not much help. We love you guys and are SO SO SO glad things are looking up! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne! Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and your family. Good Luck to you guys!! Love Holli Green

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Suzanne!! You are so amazing. Keep up the good work. Loves/Candace Freire

    ReplyDelete