Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday, June 13

I just talked to Jim this morning. I went home last night and Bren came and stayed with his Dad. I will be going back to the hospital in a couple of hours and stay another couple of nights. Kids are doing well. Sarah is at girls camp (I miss her) and the boys spent the day with their Aunt and Uncle at the Airforce Museum and Nicklecade. I was surprised at how well the house was still intact. I am proud of them.

Jim has had violent hiccups since Wednesday, (chemo side affect) and decided to take some medicine last night. He said it snowed him so bad he was just taking his walk at 9:30 Vs. his regular walk at 7:00. He is still pretty tired. That could also be the cumulative effects of his chemo though. No nausea or vomiting. We are glad about that because it will make it easier for him when his blood counts drop. Yesterday, Jim spent most of the day studying Chinese. Boredom is kicking in. There is not much to do. You have to stay in your room with the door closed. The rooms are pretty tiny. Jim calls it his cave.

Today on the agenda, more chemo. He gets three different ones today. But, every day is one more step closer to getting this done and getting home. So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. I had the oppertunity to visit Sarah at girls camp on Wed. It was so fun to see little Sarah up there with all the "Big" girls, even though she is taller than all of them! I braided her beautiful hair in two french braids, I kept thinking how simply darling she was and said a little prayer in my heart that everything that was going on at home would be OK. I have to say that her being up there was such a blessing, she was laughing, smiling, running and totaly into the camp. Things happen at certain times for a reason and her being up there was a true blessing!
    B

    ReplyDelete