Monday, June 9, 2008

June, 9

We went to LDS Hospital today for more fun preadmission stuff. We had an hour with the doctor and discussed the process again and he answered questions. Jim was supposed to get his Central IV line today but blood work showed that his blood is too thin. (He could bleed when they put in the line.) So they gave him Vitamin K (helps clot blood) and they will put his line in when he is admitted in the morning. We have to be at the hospital no later than 8:00 AM. After they put in the line he will have his first dose of high dose chemo. Yippee!

Jim is feeling very well and psychologically doing well. We just got home from the hospital and he grabbed the kids to go on one last hike. He is ready to begin this process. As for me, I think I would put it off if I could. Not because I don't think it is right, but just because it won't be fun. It is just a little nerve wracking being on this end of the procedure (front). We saw alot of people today on the transplant ward that were post transplant and doing well. That was very inspiring. It is like one big brotherhood of bald people who all now have a new outlook on life. We look forward to being on that end of the transplant.

Yesterday in church we sang count your blessings. It occurred to me that we should be grateful that we even have the opportunity of having a transplant. This is not always an option for people. So, I am grateful and I will keep reminding myself that.

As always, we appreciate your warm wishes and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Jim and the Sprouts, it's about 9:30 pm on 10 June 2008 here in Afghanistan which makes it 11:00 am there in Utah. That means you're probably just about in the middle of the ordeal. Just wanted to write a note and let you and the Sprouts know that there are a lot of Soldiers over here who think of you and pray for you every day. We look up to you for your great courage and integrity and the fine leader of Soldiers that you are to us. May God bless and keep you, our brother in arms, during your time of need. And for you Sprouts... we pray for you as well and exercise our faith on your behalf. Know that you are not alone in your ordeal.
    Suzanne, thanks for the blog and allowing us to monitor Jim's progress from half-way around the world. Major Tony Lofgren says hi to your brother on the Bountiful Police Dept. and we thank him for letting us know about your blog. May God bless and comfort you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, for these soldiers you work with, Jim. Their faith and prayers are a blessing as well. Hope the first day is the worst! I thiank those half way around the world for doing their job, but thinking of my precious brother as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Layne, that meant so much to Jim that you guys are thinking of him. He also thinks of all of you serving and prays for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim is my "Captain Moroni". I have seen the love he has for his troops, and now I have seen an example of the love they have for my dear brother.

    Our prayers are always with those who choose to serve, as many men and women do, to protect us at home and far away.

    Jim I will be at Fort Knox on the 29th. Being able to speak there is one of the greatest joys I have experianced. I look forward to seeing these grest men preparing to meet to the chalange.

    ReplyDelete