Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 6

Yesterday was a better day for Jim. The pain medication really helped his mouth and stomach pain. He even got in 2 hall walks yesterday. We read conference talks from the Ensign. The best medicine however was when the kids came after dinner. He felt wonderful. Sarah and Maddie put on a private violin show for Jim and then went out into the pod and put one on for the other patients. Most of the patients listened from their rooms. One patient sent out a stuffed dog for the girls because he loved the music so much. Music is so calming for the soul. Jim did not want the kids to leave. He felt so good. They each took turns laying with their Dad. They ended up staying until 10:00 PM. It had been a week since he had seen them so he really missed them.

Today, he is pretty snowed right now from the pain medication. His blood counts are still dropping. He will be getting platelets today since he really doesnt't have any. He will also be getting a white blood count stimulater that will hopefully get his bone marrow going. Usually counts don't start going up until about day 11.

Hopefully he has another decent day today. Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have attended that concert! But I would have just cried through it, so better that I was not there! I'm sure it was loved by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading all that you have posted. Honestly, I'm blowing my nose and wiping my eyes. I have always thought so highly of your family. Wow, what a great couple and wonderful family. What great examples for all. I am blesssed to know Jim through work; He has always been a rock for me, a great mentor and example. I want thank you for sharing your experiences. Your strength inspires me.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're thinking of you every day!

    John and Emily

    ReplyDelete