Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 8

Good morning,

Yesterday was a hard day for Jim. He is getting pretty frustrated and tired of this whole thing. He was put on a pain pump yesterday for his mouth and throat sores. I think it is helping. He is determined to continue to eat, but it is getting increasingly harder to swallow. He may end up having to be fed through his IV. Brendan and Sarah came for a visit. that is always a pick me up for both of us. Sarah decided to stay the night and camp out with me. Jim and I both enjoyed having her here.

Today, blood counts are still zero. Jim will be getting more platelets today. He is also still getting shots to stimulate his bone marrow. Hopefully we will see counts rising soon. Right now Sarah and Jim are playing cards on his bed. A good distraction. I will be going home today for a night and back tomorrow. I haven't been home since Saturday so I am excited. It is amazing how we take things for granted such as going home, seeing our kids and sleeping in our own beds. Being here makes me realize what a sanctuary home is. I feel so good when I get out of the cave and see the sunshine and the mountains. I hope Jim will be able to experience that joy soon.

Well, we are hanging in there. I am so proud of my kids and so grateful for all the help. Keep the prayers coming.

3 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, don't stop eating. Try some Ice Cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jim and Family,

    You are all on our minds here everyday. The day does not go by when a random person doesn't walk into the office and ask us how you are doing. We sure miss your presence among us. Work goes well. They are planning the "Summer Bash". We are playing soccer outside more. I think the ping pong crew is glad not to get their regular beating from you, but look forward to your return. Much love and best wishes.

    - Caleb, and your friends here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey CSM Jim!

    This is a shout-out from your boys at the office>>>>>>>>>>>> We're holding it down until you get back. Betos changed it's name to "Rancheritos" and that is about the only change in this place since you've been gone...lol
    You are in all of our hearts and always on our mind. There are frequent emails going around all titled "Jim Update"
    Keep smiling and take your time to get better. You're a good guy.

    ReplyDelete