Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day # 17 Post transplant - 26 days in Hospital

Today we are doing well. Slept here last night. Jim had a bronchoscopy this morning to check and make sure his breathing tube was not blocked. They put in a little smaller tube while they were in there. So, he has been pretty drugged up today. It will probably take him a few days to wean him off of the ventilator. He has been having a few belly issues due to the stimulating of the bone marrow so soon and the tube feedings. So, they just kind of watch and wait on those issues. Overall, things are looking decent. I am really getting impatient about getting back up on the bonemarrow floor. ICU really hasn't been my favorite place. I guess it isn't anyone's favorite place. Tuesday, Jim will have been in the hospital for 4 weeks. Two of those weeks have been in ICU. I look forward to him getting stronger and coming home.

Today I AM THANKFUL FOR Hope in the future. Hope gets us through the current days that are not quite so fun.

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY FOR SARAH AND HOORAY FOR JIM (you too Suzanne)!!! I'm so proud of you!
    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne and Jim.... It's Kimberlee from Radiation therapy... I just happened to fall upon your blog! Hang in there Jim!!! You are such a fighter!! I hope you continue to be strong! And Suzanne... what a wonderful and uplifting person you are! You are both amazing people. My offer still stands....if you need any help at all...let me know...I'm in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete