Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day #16 Post Transplant - 25 days in Hospital

Today was a Great Day! Jim finished his RSV treatments - Yea! My mom came to the Hospital this morning to sit with Jim while I helped Sarah get ready for Violin Federation. We picked my mom up at the hospital and headed to the U of U. Sarah did a great job. She was worried about performing today because violin has not really been her focus the last couple of weeks (Hmmm I wonder why). She has still been practicing but just didn't know if the focus was there. I really wanted her to still try though because she has worked so hard. She did a great job and got a superior.

After, we came to the hospital. Sarah and Nate got to see their dad. Nate hadn't seen him since the breathing tube was placed so I didn't know how he would react. He told me "you know, it's not too bad." I think they were both just so happy to see him. I also think that they see beyond the tubes and swelling and just see their Dad. It was great for him. I haven't seen him so alert and smiley for a while. We had recorded Sarah's performance and loaded it on the computer. He watched it twice in a row. He was so proud of her.

Jim seams better today to me. Of course now he is off all of the sedating drugs now that the RSV treatments are done. So now he actually opens his eyes and wants to engage a little. He actually put his glasses on so he could see today. It is so nice to see him alert. He is still weak but I can tell a little stronger than yesterday. Now we are just focusing on getting him stronger and weaning him from the ventilator. It could take a few days. I am anxious because I would like to see him get back up to the bonemarrow floor soon.

Today I AM THANKFUL FOR a beautiful daughter who pushes herself and endures. She is also sweet, faithful, kind, funny, brave, stubborn, smart, friendly and best of all mine.

4 comments:

  1. Go Sarah! Superior, that's great!!!
    I'm so glad to hear things are looking up :)

    Hey, how did the prom go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. COme on you guys, I leave Utah and the worst things happen to the best people I know. Our prayers are for Jim and your familiy. This is the first I had heard of the "new" issues. I cried while reading all the past blogs, but I too are pulling for you and for the CSM!

    Love Sid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for an alert, happy and proud dad! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Sarah!! We are proud of you, too! Love and prayers from James and me!!

    ReplyDelete