Monday, March 15, 2010

Day #4

Today is definitely a new day. There is sunshine in the sky and it is beautiful outside. Wow, I slept good last night. I think all of the tiredness caught up and I slept like a baby. Yea! That was my first good nights sleep since this whole thing began.

Nate said that his stomach did not feel so good today. I don't think that he is sick, I really think it is stress. So, he is home. I was on my way out the door at 9:30 to head to the hospital and Sarah texted me that she passed out and then threw up. I went and got her. Again, I don't think she is sick. I think hers was a combination of low blood sugar and stress. So, now she is home. The two of them can sit in my bed together and watch "Animal Planet" {their favorite} and decompress. Poor kids. Grades may not be the best this quarter. Oh Well!

Don't have news on the car yet. I know it is going to be cha-ching though because they have to take it apart just to look at the oil pump and they told me that will take 10 hours. Lucky, my friend loaned me her car so that I have one and Spencer has one.

Jim did get 2 bags of red blood cells today. Doesn't need any platelets yet. He is still not eating. The nurse told me that if he still wasn't eating tomorrow that they would probably give him nutrition through his IV. He has been getting numerous drugs and fluids through his vein, but no nutrition. The MD told us yesterday, not to worry about him eating and that he shouldn't make himself eat if he doesn't feel like it because he would just make himself sick. It is common for most patients to end up getting fed through the IV for a while. He is still miserable and sleeping most of the day. Still has the headaches. No complications though. He is where he is supposed to be at Day #4. I don't know if he would say this, but I am surprised at how relatively quickly the time has actually passed though. Tomorrow he will have been here in the hospital 2 weeks. Hopefully, only 3-4 weeks left here.

Today, I AM THANKFUL FOR sleep and renewal.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the coming of spring, this year for several reasons! Glad you slept well. Sorry to hear the terrible prognosis on the car...hmmm wish they had a hardship scholarship at the mechanics!

    ReplyDelete