Tuesday, June 1, 2010

82 Post Transplant - 2 weeks in hospital

Yes, we are still here. The last few days have been pretty frustrating. It seams as though Jim has been going down hill instead of getting better. He is a ton weaker than he was last week and his mental status has been diminished. The last couple of days I have been worried. We found out yesterday that one of his medications (Digoxin) was at toxic levels. About Double what it should be. It is such a serious thing that all health care professionals know about "Digoxin Toxicity." I don't know how long his levels have been this high but it is possible that many of the issues he has been having could be due to this. I am certain that the diminished mental capacity is due to the high level. The drug stays in your system for quite a while so now we wait to see what happens as his levels go down. Today I think he appears to be less shaky and his brain seams to be processing a little better. He was not so lethargic today and ate much better. So, hopefully that is the culprit and things will be getting better. For now, we just hang in there.

Today I AM THANKFUL FOR small improvements.

1 comment:

  1. hello.. my brother had his kidney transplant too and he's on his 5th year last 11th of March. I really do know what are you going through now. I'll pray for you and hope all will be well.. =)

    ReplyDelete