Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 3

Yesterday, Jim felt pretty yucky but made it through the day. The Chemo is definitely catching up with him.

Today, Jim is feeling pretty bad. His white count is down to 0.3 and he is now on neutropenic precautions, which means we have to be extra careful he doesn't get sick. He has developed some sores in his mouth and is having trouble eating. As bad as that sounds, it is typical and was expected. I am sure he will have a few more days like this before it goes up. I just keep reminding him how good he is going to feel when this is all over. Sometimes it takes the bad to really appreciate the good. He is pushing through like always though. He even took a small walk in the halls and is taking his shower. Now he just has to put in his time and wait this thing out.

Today, I have to go home for the night. I haven't been home for 3 days and it is taking its toll on the kids. I feel so conflicted about leaving him and leaving them. That is the hardest part for me is juggling myself between them. Spencer is as scout camp and Sarah and Nate have been staying at a dear friends. Nate was feeling a little home sick though, so I think it will be good to have a night to cuddle with him.

Keep up the prayers. We need them.

1 comment:

  1. My dear brother, oh how I wish I could just take this all away. The feelings I had yesterday as we talked I can't explain. I have never, and I really mean never, felt that way before. I was up until real late, Jayne even got mad at me, I just couldn't come down from the clouds enough to want to close my eyes. I thought if I looked hard enough I would see great and wonderful things I was feeling so good. As I told my boys they each wished that they could do the same thing. Their hearts are so tender and they love their aunt and uncles so much.

    There were those that walked by my office yesterday and could feel a change. I was happy and they felt good because I won't yell at them.

    FYI, I now have my own R8 server and everything else. BIG thing around here.

    Suzanne, I am so glad that you are there. I can't say enough of how much I love you for what you do with your boys, Jim included. Sarah is just great like her mom and is quite the young lady. I still want her out here for one of the Bluegrass Ferstivals.

    Love ya all
    Don

    ReplyDelete