Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 4

Good morning, it is for me because I slept in my own bed last night wedged between my dear Sarah and Nathan. Nothing like that to boost the spirits. I got home last night around 6:30 to my kids happy and my brother and my sister in law who had dinner on the table for me. I can't tell everyone how much it means to me the help you are giving us during this time.

Now for the important stuff. Yesterday, Jim's day pretty much sucked. No better way to put it or positive way to spin it. He was pretty miserable. His doctors say he may have a week of this misery before it gets better. It may even get worse. But, he is doing as expected and it WILL get better. I keep reminding him that. He is not having any major problems but he just describes it has his regular Chemo he had before times 100. I talked to him last night before bed and he didn't really want to talk, just sleep.

This morning I have not been able to reach him. I hope that means he is up and in the shower. I will be going back to the hospital as soon as I get cleaned up. My sister in law (really just my sister) will be up to the house today and my nephew will come and spend the night tomorrow night with the kids. We are going to bring the kids down for a short visit tomorrow. Hopefully that will boost Jim's spirit. As bad as he feels, he really misses them. Also, my dear sweet mother (who just broke her hip 2 months ago) is going to make the 5 hour drive from St. George on Monday to come and coddle her grandchildren. I am grateful and they are excited.

Well, that is the scoop. I will check in tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. To Jim and Suzanne, We just wanted you to know that we love you and admire your faith and courage. Many prayers are being sent heavenward in your behalf and we pray that peace and solace will accompany you at this time. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. And above all, always remember that 'God is in the details.' He is aware of all we endure and as the song says, "...reaches my reaching." Only He could reach to the extent that you are being asked to go. We think about you every day!! With love,
    Marty and Michelle Campbell and girls

    ReplyDelete