Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday, June 15

Good Morning and Happy Fathers Day.

Yesterday, Jim felt a little "funky" as he calls it. He had not slept well the night before and his energy was way down. He started getting nausea medicine before meals though so that helped. He rested alot yesterday.

Today, he woke feeling pretty good. He slept well last night. I asked him since it was Fathers Day if he would like breakfast in bed (ha ha). Instead he had his breakfast in the lazy boy. We went on a hall walk this morning. That actually is really good because there are some nice big windows he can look out when he walks. I think looking outside is good for his soul. His room window has a lovely view of the side of the building. Right now he is riding the exercise bike in his room. He said he will probably only last about ten seconds but he has already done more than that.

On the agenda today. His last chemo. Hopefully that will be his last for several years. Also, the kids will be visiting after church so we can have a little Fathers Day celebration.

The kids and I are doing well. I took a long (too long) walk yesterday around city creek canyon. It was great to be out in the sunshine. I feel a little guilty when I go out though because I guess I think I need to suffer "the cave " along with Jim. I know it is better though if I can keep myself physically and mentally healthy. I won't be much good to Jim if I am not. So, that is how I rationalize going outside. The kids have had Jim's sister with them all weekend, so I know that is a great break for them. She plays with them and they got to go swimming yesterday and be kids. I am grateful.

Have a great Fathers Day!

3 comments:

  1. Jim Sproul:
    Jim loves his kids. Jim cares for his kids, he provides for his kids, he teaches his kids, he cleans for his kids, he does laundry for his kids, he cooks for his kids, he plays with his kids, he practices with his kids, he hikes and bikes with his kids, he prays with his kids, he reads with his kids, he is a powerful example to his kids, he serves our country for his kids… Jim knows what his life is all about… HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,
    Happy Father's day. You are a great example to John and I of how a Father should act and lead by example. We love you and pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's Day Jim. Keep your spirits up! It sounds like things are going well so far. I am so glad to read that your doing well.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete