Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day Zero - stem cell day

Good Morning;

One week down. Yea!

Yesterday Jim had a non eventful day. Non eventful around here is good. I got back to the hospital around 6:00 PM. Hopefully got the kids settled for another couple of days. When I got here to the hospital Jim had started another round of violent hiccups. If you recall, a couple of days ago he had them for a day and a half. He also was a little nervous about today. We said a prayer together before bed. He prayed that his hiccups would go away and he would be comforted about today and rest well. I kid you not, after he said Amen, there was not one other hiccup. Wow, what a testimony about faith and prayer. A Miracle!

Today, Jim gets 8 bags of stem cells. Tomorrow he gets 8 more. It is just like getting a blood transfusion but the preservatives they use to store the cells can cause havoc while you are getting them. They will keep Jim pretty drugged today in order to prevent reaction. so, here we go.

Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support. The comments on the blog are amazing.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're saying I can bring him that crown burger and shake any day now?!!! haha!

    Glad to hear that you were able to go outside for a walk! I'm sure that was really nice. Being so limited sure can help us appreciate those small things. Life is all about the small things, isn't it.

    Boy I can't wait until we can go do another event at the drive in! This time we need to bring the violin so Spencer can dance for everyone!!

    Glad to hear you are doing well. Look forward to seeing you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried to call yesterday but no answer. glad the kids are settled in so that you can be there. I will not call today so that the anxiety of the day can just go by. I love the faith and prayer story! Do let me know if there is something you need at the hospital. I can be pretty flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all thinking of you today. Please let us know when we can help!
    John and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, I just wanted to thank you for always being such a great example to me. I have always been impressed by your spiritual and physical strength and your fun personality. I know this has a significant effect on your ability to fight this disease. I’m happy to hear that things are going well. You and your family are in my prayers (Karli’s also). Thank you Suzanne, for keeping everybody updated with Jim’s progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I have ever blogged. I do have experience barfing but blogging is new to me. It feels better than barfing. Jim you are my hero! I'm going to call upon you for hicup help when I need it. Thanks for your example of courage and faith!

    ReplyDelete