Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day # - 7 - Radiation Day 3

Today was Radiation day 3. Jim looked much better when I came in this morning. He said he slept and felt better also.

There was a little drama with a student nurse this morning and I had a melt down. A mistake was made. No one would have even known but because I'm a nurse I noticed it. I became upset and started crying. It even surprised me that I was crying over it. I try not to be dramatic. Jim was looking at me like "what's your problem." I guess it let me know that although I feel pretty together, my emotions are pretty close to the surface. All is fine though.

Jim went down to radiation. Today he nuked to the band "Rush." Yesterday it was "The Who. Although he loves Rush, he said it was too much today. He said he needs something a little mellower tomorrow. We are half way through radiation. By the 6th day I'm afraid it's going to be the "Sound of Music" or something like that.

After radiation, we came back to the room and Jim proceeded to puke his guts out. (I'm sure he will love me telling you that, but I don't think he reads my blog}. I am just shocked how fast it makes you sick. But, the good thing is, IV nausea drugs kick in really fast. The medicine knocks him out though, so I sit most of the day silent in the dark. But, he knows I'm here.

Brendan is going to spend the night tonight. We will see how long he lasts sitting silent in the dark. For those of you who know Bren, you know first of all he can't sit still and second he is not silent. What a good boy to want to be with his Dad.

Today, I AM THANKFUL for LDS Hospital staff who are kind, friendly and most of all, understanding.

3 comments:

  1. You deserve whatever melt down comes! Hooray for you being a nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were there to catch their mistake. And to hear that you are normal. Thanks for keeping us updated. Its been the first thing I have looked at when I get home from work! Hang in there guys!!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. You guys are so strong. Love you!!!
    Kenzie and Matt

    ReplyDelete