Friday, March 5, 2010

Day #-6 Radiation day 4



A LITTLE DISCLOSURE: We have to be very careful with visitors. Jim can get sick very easily. We normally don't allow any children but our own. We thought Jim needed a "pick me up" and John's triplets are NEVER sick and they were cleaned and dressed just prior to coming. I am being "The Gate Keeper" and any visitors need to clear it through me. I wanted to show the video though, because it was so nice to see him smile.

Came a little later today since I am spending the night. I guess Bren lasted the whole night here with his Dad and left this morning. Jim did well this morning but had a hard time with Radiation. He said he was standing there and got all hot. He said it felt like he could feel the radiation cooking him and then everything went black. No one stays in the room but the techs watch him from a camera, so they were able to get to him. They had him lay down for a while.

Jim decided today to try a little marijuana. Actually it is a pill called Marinal but it is a derivative of pot. He is not sure if it is doing anything or not. He is however flashing me the peace sign and singing sixties songs (I wish). Whatever works.

All the patients here are in negative pressure rooms. (keeps out germs, keeps germs in). You have to keep the door closed. All of a sudden while I am sitting here blogging the room has become like a sauna. So apparently there is a heating/air-conditioning problem. So, we can open the door but Jim has to put his mask on. If he goes out of the room he has to put all of his protection on. So, either way he is hot and that is not fun when you don't feel good.

In a little bit my Mom and Dad are bringing out Sarah and Nate. Spencer is going to come tomorrow. I am glad because they haven't seen him since Tuesday. I can tell they are both pretty worried and preoccupied with him. I think they will feel better once they see him and see that he is doing ok. After, they are going to go to dinner and then spend the night at my parents. I think that will be a nice diversion for them.

Jim and I are going to have a date night. I am going to climb in his bed (if he can tolerate it) and watch the "Time Travelers Wife." I doubt he will make it through the movie without falling asleep, but it will be nice for me. Maybe, we will even have a little ice cream.

Today, I AM THANKFUL for air-conditioning at the hospital (when it works).

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I ended up with a little difficulty today. I think it must have been bad food cause now I'm okay. But it certainly meant I wasn't coming near Jim - that is a no-risk zone. I'll try again for Sunday. Text you first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,

    It's Sheri. I heard you were in treatment again. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sending all good wishes and happy vibes your way. I'm sorry you are having to go through it all again my friend. I can relate a little.
    I am planning on both of us making it to the class reunion this year--so speedy recovery! Have a great date night with your sweetheart.

    Hugs (germless ones!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great treat to have the triplets there even for just a minute! It brought more joy, and yes, even peace, to me Sunday to have them in church for that great meeting. Everyone was smiling. And I know that everyone will be very careful about coming near Jim at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim you look great! And those babies are SO adorable. I went and read their blog, I just had to see more pics. They talked about how they love your funny voices, brought back lots of good memories. We all love and adore you guys.

    ReplyDelete