Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 0 - Brother in a Bag



The above video is Jim with Adj. General Tarbet who is the General for The Utah National Guard. He was a great sport. His visit meant alot to Jim. He didn't realize he was coming on "stem cell b-day" when he decided to visit. He probably would have chosen a different day if he knew he was going to have to be a movie star.

This morning Evan came and harvested another bag of stem cells for Jim. Unfortunately, he gets to come back tomorrow and give another bag.

HAPPY B-DAY JIM. At 4:30PM Jim got his first "BROTHER IN A BAG." He will get 2 bags of stem cells today and then another one tomorrow. Jim is pretty tired today. I am sure it is the cummlative effects of all of the radiation and chemo. His blood counts are dropping, which is just exactly what they are supposed to do.

My brother John gave Jim two web cams today and installed them so that the kids and Jim can talk to each other. Yea! What a nice b-day present.

Today I AM THANKFUL for smart people who have come up with these medical miracles.

Party Time:



It's My Party and I'll Sleep If I Want To:

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Uncle Jim! Love the party hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jim! Just wanted to post a shout out from all of your friends in Maryland. Jim Helco gave us a call to give an update today. We miss you at work, and are praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! a Great visit, sleeping in party stuff, all of it. Suzanne, this blog saves my heart everyday! I hope you can know somehow, how much it means to so many of us to be able to laugh and smile and believe in the fun of the journey. I know I'm corny, but I have to say it, sometimes over and over. You're both my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jim. I am so glad your brother is there for you. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Setting here in my office in Kentucky I to have to add my gratefulness to those that have advanced not only medicine, but also the fact that I can watch my dear brother. I am also so grateful for a wonder sister-in-law who loves my brother so much.

    I am looking forward to being out there in 2 weeks so that I can visit my family. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sproul family!! I love you guys!! Hang in there! -Rachel Jasper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy day of your second birth, Uncle Jim!!! Brit and I were so glad we could come up and see you last weekend. Can't wait to come up again when you have your singing voice back for another round of singing obscure songs from the 80's!

    ReplyDelete