Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day -1 (Day of Rest) So they say



YEA! YOU GO EVAN! My teenagers would say "You Rock, Your Bad A, Your Sick, Your Dope, Your Epic, Your an animal. Those are all good things by the way.

Jim is doing well today. Today is his Day of Rest. That just means no toxins are being put in his body. He feels pretty good today. He even walked down the hall and visited Evan while he was harvesting his stem cells. Now Jim is pretty tired.

Evan finished harvesting about 2:30. He looked pretty tired also. Evan has been a real trooper through this thing. I told him thanks for sharing his stem cells and he said "I didn't realize I had a choice." I told him that you always have a choice. We were even told that there have been times when siblings have refused. Needless to say, not very nice siblings, but it has happened. So, THANK YOU EVAN!

After Evan left there was some excitement on the unit. The fire alarm came on and was not going off. I could hear alot of commotion so I looked out into the hallway. Apparently the fire sprinkling system went on in one room. In five minutes time it flooded several rooms and broke through a wall and flooded more. They were carrying patients out of their rooms. Jim is at the end of the hall, so we are lucky. That would ruin everything in the room. We are sooooo lucky.

Tomorrow is Day zero. Jim's new birthday. Sometime tomorrow he gets the cells that Evan is giving him. I told Evan to send his stem cells happy thoughts so they are nice to Jim. I wonder when he will start to look and act like Evan?

Today I AM THANKFUL for brothers that share their stems cells and that Jim's room is in the last pod at the end of the hall.

2 comments:

  1. Go Dad!!! I'm glad you got some video - thanks for sharing. If I were there I'd make Jim THE coolest birthday cake EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really curious how a birthday cake would look for a "new birthday" in which blood types switch! I would love to see that one! You make awesome cakes, Jolene!

    Suzanne, love the videos, the "finding the fun!" Makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete