Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day #-4 - final radiation

Date night was great. Jim and I lounged in his hospital bed where I sipped diet coke and Jim BOOST. There was a lovely romantic dim lit glow in the room from the computer monitors, Vital sign machines and IV pumps. We watched the Time Travelers Wife. Jim even stayed awake the whole time. Poor Jim, he gets to watch my selection of movies while he is in the hospital since I am picking them out. That means every Friday night is Chick Flick Movie Night - YEA!

Yesterday was a really good day for Jim. His Radiation went without a hitch this time and there was no retching or spewing. He actually felt pretty good after. His sister came and we had a nice visit. Yesterday he probably had the most good hours in a day (maybe 3-4 hrs).

Today, Sarah and I are heading to the hospital. Nate has sniffles, sore throat and a runny nose so he gets to stay home. Bummer, but we are taking no chances. I was going to go to church first but I felt anxiety about not being with Jim. I want to be there for his final Radiation. Now, that is a mile stone to say that you have completed 6 days of Radiation. Jim's brother Evan is now in town. I believe he got his first shot today to stimulate his marrow to make stem cells. I tried to talk to Jim this morning but he does not answer his phone when he is resting. I just talked to Brendan and he said that Evan visited Jim and now he is sleeping.

Tomorrow, we start high dose Chemo. Only 2 days though.

Today, I AM THANKFUL FOR the last day of Radiation!

4 comments:

  1. I had a short but good visit with Jim this morning. He practically got out of bed to give me a hug. There was a nurse there, taking care of some things. Jim introduced me, and she asked if I was the donor. Jim answered in the affirmative, and she said, so this is what you're going to look like in a while. I couldn't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne,
    I apologize for being completely out of the picture for the last two months - I was on terminal leave in January, working missions in February, and back on terminal leave now... Please call me if you need anything... How are you doing? Do I need to give you the old POD Pep Talk?

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jim, I hope you guys are doing well and I hope that you get better soon. You have helped my wife and I a lot and we both look up to you guys a lot.

    Josh and Chelsey Kearl
    (Lorne's cousin)

    ReplyDelete