Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day # -3 Chemo #1

I THINK JIM'S A LITTLE BORED!



Yesterday was a pretty decent day for Jim. He felt a little icky in the morning. Evan did come for a shot this morning and stopped in to see Jim. Jim was really glad to see him.

Sarah and I arrived at the hospital to spend the rest of the day with Jim. He did really well with his last radiation treatment. I don't think that he will miss going there today. By the way, that was a Radiation therapist, not respiratory therapist in the video. He came to take Jim down for Radiation. I make {suggest strongly} Jim walk to the elevator before getting in the wheelchair. That way, we can count that as one of his walks for the day. We thought it would be funny for Jim to push him in the wheelchair. I don't know if he thinks we are as funny as we think we are. I guess as long as we are laughing, that's what matters.

We even played "Catch Phrase" music addition. I wish I had a video of that because Jim had Sarah and I rolling with laughter when he was trying to sing his "Classic Rock" songs. It was fun to laugh and see him laugh. Allen and Brittany {Jim's nephew and his wife} came for a visit and played with us for a while.

Today, is Chemo day. A much higher dose than he typically gets, so I hope he will tolerate it. I know that through the 5-6 weeks here in the hospital, that there will be good days and probably a lot of bad days. As long as there are some good days or good moments, we can tolerate the bad.

Today, I AM THANKFUL FOR Laughter.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny! I'd love to see that game in action.
    Laughter is something Sproul's are good at!

    Okay, I just have to tell you. The song that comes on first(I Run to You). Is the perfect background to read your lovely posts. Sometimes bringing a tear, but so glad you guys have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ya'll. This is Andy Swatsenbarg. I am very glad I found this blog. I just wanted to pass along my best wishes to Jim. He really is a fighter. Let him know that I would like to find a few episodes of Star Trek: Next Generation and watch them together one day.
    Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospital staff never laugh... what's up with that... they didn't think it was funny when Celeste asked to cut the cord when I was getting my V... never mind... Suzanne, please tell Jim I'm thinking of him...

    Scott

    ReplyDelete