Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 12 Post Transplant -21 days in Hospital

Still on the upswing. When I got here to the hospital Jim was pretty ticked. He got a feeding tube today to better regulate his medicine. Our boy is back because he is fed up. I don't blame him and that is perfectly ok as long as he keeps fighting. He has 12 more RSV treatments to go. He gets 3 a day so he should be done on Saturday. After that they will wean him from the ventilator. So, I am hoping if all goes well he can be back up to the bonemarrow floor next week.

The treatments cause him much anxiety so he lays there watching the clock. Poor Guy. They can give him meds to help with the anxiety, but they won't sedate him. He has started writing his needs on a pad of paper. I am saving the sheets to show him later because it looks like something a second grader has written. Pretty cute. His sister is staying with him tonight and my Dad will go in the morning so he doesn't have to be alone. He doesn't like me to go and boy does he lay on the guilt trip. My only saving grace is that he most likely will forget everything that has happened in the ICU. I hope he does anyway.

One thing that makes him happy is hearing his kids talk to him on the speaker phone. I keep telling him to keep his eye on the prize. He listens to their voices intently and beams.

Today I AM THANKFUL FOR people who sit with my husband so I can sleep, friends who deliver groceries to my kids, friends who bring food and friends that show up at my house who clean and do laundry. I am in awe. Boy do I owe alot of service when this thing is all through.

No comments:

Post a Comment