Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day #10 Post transplant

Today has been a fairly good day. I was able to get a couple of hours of solid sleep so I feel much better. I have slept here for 4 nights in a row and they kick me out for 3 hours each time he gets a treatment, so I am trying to decide what to do tonight. I don't feel like I can totally leave him alone because he still gets a little confused.

Today was about the same as yesterday. He is still on the ventilator but gets removed from it while he gets his RSV treatment. Which is actually terrible because he basically has to breath through a straw for 2 hours with no ventilation support. They can't give the treatment through the ventilator but he needs both the ventilator and the treatment. So, they compromise. So during the treatment his respirations, blood pressure, heart rate all go through the roof. On top of that no one can stay in the room so he is alone and anxious during that time. It wears him out. He is however lucid today and stood at the bedside twice. He can't speak with the breathing tube so we are having to come up with all sorts of sign language. Earlier he was getting a treatment and I looked at him through the window. He saw me and I guess signed I love You. I didn't know that one so I thought he was giving me the hangloose sign. (funny). Any chance he gets he holds on to me with a death grip. It is pretty cute. I guess he still likes me.

Anyway, I feel like we are making subtle progress. I guess as long as we are not moving backwards, I am good.

Today I AM THANKFUL for the sweet tender hugs and death grips he has on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment