Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 15 Post Transplant - 24 days in Hospital

I was able to go home last night. Yea! Jim's dear friend Ben came and stayed with him. Jim rested well and was doing well when I came this morning. He is having really high blood pressure again though, so they are having to deal with that. His brother Don and his wife Jane came for a visit today. They live in Kentucky so that was a nice treat. Jim still pretty much sleeps through his visitors. I know that he hears what is going on and occasionally will smile and grin. I think it just takes too much energy to open his eyes and try to communicate for now. He is getting a treatment right now. He is almost done with them. I am not sure if he has 2 or 3 left but we will for sure be done tomorrow. After that, we start to wean him from the ventilator. That could take a couple of days. I am hoping we can be back up on the bonemarrow floor this next week.

Tomorrow, Sarah performs a violin piece at Violin Federation. She has Violin Federation every March. The students get judged and can earn trophy's. She has worked so hard, so I hope she can focus and be able to play. Usually Jim practices with her alot. He worked with her before he went in the hospital. It is a big deal because they work for months perfecting a song. So, hopefully despite goings on in our life she will be able to do well.

Spencer is going to Prom tonight at Roy High School with a cute friend of his. I am so out of the loop, I don't even know what he is wearing. I reminded him about flowers yesterday. Of course he had forgotten, but when I got home last night he had called his friend Blake's mom and she said she would take care of it. I am so lucky that my kids have people that will be their Mommy when their Mommy is taking care of their Daddy. Thank you so much guys! I am so impressed with your love and service.

Today I AM THANKFUL FOR only a few more RSV treatments. Yea!

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweet girl. You are doing such a fantastic job of spending days and nights at the hospital caring for your husband, and yet maintaining a close envolvement with your children. Dad and I are so proud of your strength during this very hard time. We feel privileged to call you "daughter".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, I am so glad I was able to find your blog and see what is going on with you and your family. I send my best thoughts and wishes. Please tell Jim that I say hello and wish only the best. I have always looked up to Jim and to see how he keeps fighting is huge inspiration. You seem to be the best coach in the world right now. I hope he can "hui jia" soon.--- andy swats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne!

    Found your email in an account I rarely check - must have been Fate - I passed my cell via email, and also left it on your home answering machine - call anytime, day or night.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete