Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 14 Post transplant - 23 days in Hospital

After reading yesterdays blog, I realize I sounded pretty witchy. I guess just a little protective of my man. Last night went much better. Jim slept through the night pretty good. I had to leave the room for his 10 pm treatment and 6:00 AM treatment. He tolerated them much better with less anxiety.

Jim's brother Bob came to visit Jim yesterday. I feel bad for Bob though because Jim has seen better days. Yesterday was a rough day because of his adventures the night before. He was exhausted yesterday, drugged up and then they tried to drag him down the hall. He did it, but didn't tolerate it too well. That was way too much activity for him.

Today, He is less drugged up, still tired and stood at the bedside and sat in a chair. He is still confused at times. After his 10 pm treatment tonight, he only has 5 more left Yea! Then we look at ventilator removal. Yea Again! Then he will be able to talk to me. Yea! but then again, maybe not yea! After his little outburst the other night I may not want to hear what he has to say. Just Kidding! Bren talked to him on the speaker phone today. Bren told him he heard that Jim had ripped out his tubes. He told Jim that he thought that was pretty "Bad A" and Jim just grinned. Bren said "a little temper tantrum huh dad?" He grinned again and was pretty proud of himself. That's my boy. Still has that fight in him. Just letting us know he still has a voice in all of this. I asked him the other day if he felt like he had any choices anymore. He made a frown and said no. I told him that this is all about his choice. His choice was to fight and all of this other stuff is part of the fight. I said "you didn't think it was going to be this hard though did you? He shook his head. I think when he finishes the treatment and gets the tubes out and sees some progress, he will start to feel better about things. Right now I am sure he just feels stuck. He only sees what he can't do or needs help to do. I just need to keep reminding him that he is fighting for me and the kids. I keep telling him to "keep his eye on the prize." I am sure right now he just looks at me and thinks "you are sooooooo not worth THIS." Ha Ha.

Today I AM THANKFUL that he will probably forget all of this time he has spent in the ICU. (One can hope.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Suzanne!! Jim is SO LUCKY to have a "BAD A" wife like you!!! How blessed he is to have someone be his voice when he can't. That's not witchy. :) You're the best!!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope that he sees that number five as doable. By the time I get out of bed he will be starting another and only have four left!

    ReplyDelete